HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Uh-oh!

All right, I have finally conquered blogging and figured out how to post video. I expect much praise for my efforts in the comments section! Libby started walking last Thursday and it's so cute that I just had to find out how to show everyone. When she falls she says "uh-oh!" and a brother or two come to her rescue. Watch for the ferocious wild animal in this snippet.


Danny started potty training yesterday so this blog entry is particularly daring as I am not giving him my undivided attention. Anyone who has potty trained a child before knows that is a recipe for disaster, but I like to live on the edge. He has only had one accident, well two now, and is being bribed with chocolate chips. We had a pre-training celebration at Walmart as we bought both boys some really fun new undies.

Aren't you jealous? He really isn't into the underwear thing just yet and prefers to simply go bottomless. Less laundry I guess but come church time, that's gonna be a problem.

Em and I had fun on Monday as we went with our friend Kirsten to buy her wedding dress and find bridesmaid dresses. These were the contenders and as we were having major problem with the neckline on the style Emily is modeling, we are going with the other. For the record, I love them Kirsten (these were just for style and size purposes, not her color). It's one of those dresses that makes you feel good and you are thus tempted to wear it around the house on bad days just to feel a little prettier, even if you look ridiculous.
Our friend Grandma Lu from church gave us this ginormous zucchini the other day when Erik and the boys went to pick up Mr. Zebedee. Grandma Lu was kind enough to keep him while we were away for our conference. We had family members farmed out everywhere! The boys had quite a visit as they gathered yard eggs, extra large vegetables and buried a bunny that had died. Erik even hopped on a horse for a quick ride but the boys weren't too sure about joining him. We really need to spend more time outside of suburbia!I had a strong desire for zucchini bread the second it came in the door so the boys and I had a bake-off yesterday. We have eaten zucchini bread for every meal since and it is fabulous! Thanks Grandma Lu!

9 comments:

The Heflebower's said...

Great job Missy!! I've tried to post a video a couple of times without much success. Oh, and what a cute family you have. We love to read your bolg.

Mimi said...

Awwww! Libby is so cute. I bet Jake and Dan will someday be so proud that their mom put a picture of their underwear on the internet. Nana would also be proud!

shelli said...

A blogging genius indeed!

Miss you!

CD said...

My word!! Have you been blooging for twelve years, or what?? I'm gonna have to ignore my kids for quite some time in order to look at all that. But seriously, thanks I like your blog and you are somewhat of a blog genius. Did you learn from me??

The Berthiaume's said...

I love the dress your wearing, it's very pretty! Fun stuff!

Melissa said...

*leaves praise for the video blogging genius*

Allison said...

Nice work on the video posting. Potty training....I'll have to get the scoop from you on that one. It's definitely not on my radar right now, though my time will come soon. I think Titus would prefer the naked thing, too.

Love seeing Miss Libby!

Stacey said...

I am a horrible person! I got so wrapped up in spain prep that I totally forgot about libby's birthday! and I have no excuse, as it is the day after mine. Tell her that I'm super proud of her learning to walk all by herself!

I really have to come see you guys by the end of the year... I'll never forgive myself if I don't.

Em said...

I cannot believe that is Libby - walking! Time gets away. It's so good to see you all, even if it's just in photos. Hope you're well there!

Love,
Emily

P.S. We didn't really fall off the face of the earth; everything is Arkansas is just slow.