HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Annual Fiasco

I figured our usual photographer is busy enough and didn't even ask this year (even though I know this person will say they loves doing it and is hugely offended etc.) but I made a command decision for said individual and asked my friend Trena to do our portraits this year.

I hate portrait time because it's impossible to get every looking at the camera and happy when you start adding this many little people into the mix. I also hate it because of the compulsive need to coordinate clothes but my refusal to shell out the money and buy all new coordinating outfits. It usually ends in command decisions like "Forget it! Wear whatever you want!" or "Let's just all wear black/white/denim." Ok, I haven't yet sunk as low as the super-matchy denim but it's coming at some point I'm sure. This year I thought I had it all figured out and then I discovered I didn't about 30 minutes before picture time so, oh well.

Now the pictures that will be on my walls and Christmas cards will have our new girlie in them but she can't make her internet debut at this time so we tried a few without her and I think this is my favorite. Can you tell who was more not into this than me? You better wait by your mailbox 'cuz this year's card looks to be the best so far!