HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hypothermi-a-thon

Thank you to all of you who made donations to Child S.H.A.R.E. as Erik ran the LA Marathon on Sunday. 26.2 miles of goodness! We are so proud of him because not only did he run 26.2 miles, he did it in the most ridiculous weather Southern California could have come up with for the first day of spring. Here and here are some quick articles to sum it up. This picture sums up what the kids thought of it. The babies definitely had the best seats.Still wish I had a picture of the foot long string of snot hanging out of Daniel's nose that a kind grandmotherly stranger walked up and cleaned for me but I was too worried for my precious camera's safety since buckets of water were falling from the sky. Maggie is quite proud of Daddy's medal and is quick to tell you that he ran for her! I didn't get a good pre-race picture because he left the room at 4:20 am but this is what the ride home looked like!

So...anyone game for next year?

3 comments:

Allison said...

It looks like a death shroud on his head. I hope he didn't feel as bad as that picture makes me think he felt. Way to go, though. Those conditions sounded awful. I thought it never rained in SoCal?

I think you also deserve some sort of medal for braving the conditions with 6 little kiddos. :)

Kirsten said...

Poor Erik! Please don't tell him I watched the race from the comfort of my 71 degree home...

G-Unit said...

Oh Missy...those pictures are UNBELIEVABLE! I love that you are willing to tell the whole truth! And I agree you deserve a medal too!