HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Moms are Mean

Erik left with a team of high school students bound for Tijuana yesterday. They will be working with Caravan Ministries to build small homes for the poor. It is wonderful to be able to help those living in poverty but the true purpose is to disciple the students and give them an awareness of how blessed they are as most have never seen true poverty.

I told the boys that Erik would be riding a bus to Mexico and Jake immediately latched onto the bus. Dad's leaving? So what! LEt's go see this bus. So we drove up to the church to "see the group off" and maybe check out the bus. We handed Libby off to a swarm of cooing high school girls and headed for the bus but it was a lot bigger in person than the boys expected. This is how far Jake got. I carried Dan onto the bus and tried to tempt Jake up but he would not have it! Coming home to Erik's truck but no Erik was really hard for the boys. They keep looking out the window and shouting "Daddy's home!" I'm such the downer when I have to set them right. To add to that I promised them we would go to the library yesterday afternoon. We went out and got buckled into carseats and once I walked down to check the mail I noticed that I had a very flat tire. They were none to happy to bypass the library in exchange for a tire repair shop. I know, I'm completely evil!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Meanest Mom EVER!*

*just so you know. Stalking you isn't extraneous leisure internet, so I'm not breaking lent. I just can't do it over facebook.

If I couldn't check up on you and the boys i think i would go crazy. Not getting on facebook is really really hard. I've made it into such a habit! I had to move all of my bookmarks and links because i kept finding myself at the login page for facebook. I'm such an internet addict!

We'll see if I make it all the way to easter.

Missing you bunches! (I find myself wishing Christmas would get here so we can road trip out there! a year is way to long!)

Stacey