HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Hard Day's Work

Last week our church had a work day at a couple of local at-risk schools. We told Jake the night before that he would be going to work with Daddy in the truck the next morning. You couldn't get a bigger response from an adult who won the lottery. He was so excited! They needed to be at church by 7 am so I went in at 6 am to wake Jake. I was expecting a groggy, cranky boy but instead I heard a whisper in the dark: "Am I going to work with Daddy in the truck?" I reassured him and he flew out of the bed to go eat breakfast and get dressed. He was ready in about 10 minutes and tried to hurry Erik out the door early. Poor Danny was pretty jealous.
Jake helped scrape paint, repaint and rake. Very manly!

All of these things were interesting for about 5 minutes and then he discovered the wheelchair ramp and some painters' tape. The rest of the morning was dedicated to rolling the tape and confirming Newton's theories on gravity. I pray he is always this excited to spend a day working with Dad!


3 comments:

Katie said...

that is so cute!!! i miss him so much!

Stacey said...

NO MORE PHYSICS NERDS!

That's it... I'm coming out to save him from you guys perverting his mind.

A Helping Hand said...

This is precious!! I miss you all!