HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Life with Boys...

We decided to have a New Year's Eve party for our Crossroads group and I told Erik he needed a theme. He decided on "Burn, Baby, Burn." On the invitation for "Why" he put "because pagan idols should be burned." So we had everyone bring old Christmas trees and the guys used an axe and a chainsaw to split them up for the fire pit. Thankfully the neighbors didn't call the fire department but we had a great time! This is a 14-foot tree tied on top of Erik truck, does it make the truck look big? This morning Danny pulled up a chair to the counter and announced that he wanted to cook. Erik gace him a bowl of water, a bag of popcorn, a spatula, salt and pepper. That's what you give have given him right? Well he "cooked" for half an hour and it looked good, but alas, we didn't taste it.
Em came up for the night and it is awesome to have her here! I think she is never allowed to move back to Texas. Every time she leaves Danny wonders around the house calling "Emmy?" It's pretty sad. I've missed her so much over the last 10 years, I can't believe it has been so long since we have lived near each other.

Em and I were playing with the boys this afternoon and Jake saw a little scratch on his arm. He told us he fought a jaguar, no kidding. And then he said Emily killed him but I'm pretty sure he's making that one up. We're not sure where he comes up with these things!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

ok. I am officially skipping work next friday.

I was this close to impulse buying a ticket out there for next weekend. Sky Bus was having a sale and I could have bought a 60 dollar round trip ticket. But I have work and i'm sure a crap load of stuff for school and it just didn't work out....

But I am hoping they have a similar sale next summer. *crosses fingers* if so i'm there.

Stacey said...

i love that I didn't finish that first sentance's thought train.

yay!

so, danny is the cutest kid ever. you should call the food network. "Snack time with Dan the Beast"

You'd make millions. And he could be on a Challenge episode with Duff, the Ace of Cakes, and you could invite me to the taping so that I could meet one of my two cake decorating heroes. (It's a close tie with you. Thankfully your cakes are cheaper.)