HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Cuteness

Jakey's sweet friend Sarah turned three yesterday and we celebrated with her family over dinner at Buca di Beppo's last night. The kids were so cute and excited that we had to take a few pictures before we left.
I couldn't get a picture of all three of them together. For once the boys were perfectly happy to sit and pose but Libby was refusing to be still. I must chalk that up to the "new" (hand me down) sparkly pink shoes she is wearing. Shoes like those just scream "Walk! Show me off!" She was up for the task.

And then as I was writing this morning and posting pictures of these adorable "dressed up for a nice dinner" children, I started thinking and comparing, which is never a good idea. I thought, wow, all I have to do to feel like my kids are dressed up is comb their hair and put their one collared shirt on with grungy play shorts. The comparison that was circling my mind and slightly haunting me was this:The tallest is my uncle Jimmy, the little boy is my dad and that's their little sister Connie. Wow, bow ties and bonnets. Dinner jackets and short pants. Petticoats and everyone standing together like they like, maybe even love each other. Ouch!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katie said...

those pictures are so cute!!! such photogenic kiddos! how i miss them...

Stacey said...

every time you post new pictures of the kiddos I get more and more excited about december! 77 days!

A Helping Hand said...

They are getting SO big!!!! I miss ALL of you so much! They are precious and beautiful. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

But...your kids are way more comfortable. :)