HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Catan: It's a Soft "C"

Well that's Erik's theory anyway and who among us is exactly surprised over that? We are know how deeply and passionately he loves "bored" games.

We LOVE to have the Hunt's over and play Settlers of Catan. We are Catan evangelists and have spread the message of Catan throughout 3 states now. I'm pretty sure that last comment bordered on heresy... The thing is, we almost always end up in a huge debate over the rules because dear Klaus didn't fully foresee how sinners could manipulate what he wrote into what they want it to mean. Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard this in a sermon illustration before!

Once Brad and I ended up on the Catan website in a forum fighting over the meaning of the Commercial Harbor card, there are still some sticky spots with that. This time the problem comes down to the attack of the vicious barbarians and my question for my fellow Cataners is this:

Let us assume there are 4 players and the barbarians attack and win. Players A and B have 3 knights each. Player C has 1 knight and Player D has no knights but his only city has a metropolis. Who, if anyone, loses the city?

Think carefully and say that I am right. Good day to you all.

11 comments:

EmilyAnn said...

How many cities do players A B and C have? Player D has found a knighting loophole in my opinion due to the mere nature of the metropolis. Tricky indeed... My head hurts.

G-Unit said...

You may have gone to Far. It too pronounce it with a soft C.

G-Unit said...

I mean I too pronounce it with a soft C, it's early forgive me.

Missy said...

Em, if you were a TRUE Cataner you would know that the number of cities owned by the players is irrelevant. I'm ashamed of you. How could you throw aside everything we worked so hard to teach you?!?

CD said...

I wanna say yes.

Mimi said...

Yes, because I love you!

Missy said...

So who loses the city...?

Erik said...

I think what everyone is saying is that Erik is right.

EmilyAnn said...

Well I feel that the number of cities should weigh heavily in this decision! I shun Klaus for this rule and I refuse to acknowledge it! And how dare you challenge my 'Cataner status!' So I've NEVER won and I disagree with certain RULES...I'm starting a NEW AGE Catan club.

G-Unit said...

I wanna join Emily's group!

Hannah said...

I don't know who wins....(don't tell Ashley I said this) but I would like to play S.O.C again : )