HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, December 25, 2009

A Christmas Story

I have a serious love/hate relationship with this movie and watching it is not part of my "holiday tradition." It embodies everything that is wrong with how Americans celebrate Christmas and I cringe every time one of the little kids swear but who doesn't want a BB gun for Christmas? And who doesn't remember having those internal monologues as a kid and thinking your logic was perfectly sound?

However, some person (who, out of the goodness and generosity of my heart shall remain nameless) watches this movie and accused Erik of reminding them of Scut Farkus. Scut Farkus?, you may say, Who is Skut Farkus?

He's the really mean bully that Ralphie eventually beats up. I had to watch the movie to find this out and this name caller is totally wrong. Erik looks nothing like Skut Farkus! But Jacob does...
Coon skin cap and all, well, no yellow eyes. And then as we watched the rage well up in Ralphie's eyes as his dreams of getting an official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time are dashed along with receiving a C+ on his homework and the "P.S. You'll shoot your eye out" at the bottom, and the final blow of a snowball in the face from Farkus, we realized, we know that kid too!

We didn't have any glasses so we had to make some. They're pretty boss right? Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

i love that movie. I think this is spawned from my hatred of all mushy christmas movies in existance. Also the tongue to the pole is pretty epic. And i want to buy one of the inflatable leg lamps to put up in someone else's yard as a prank. (yes, it comes in a large inflatable lawn version...no one knows why...)

On another note... jury duty has forced us to move our trip back a few weeks yet again, how does the 24th of Feb. through the 3rd of March sound?

hopefuly this is the last time....

G-Unit said...

Ummm. There is so much to say. I somehow missed this post. I can't believe you don't like that movie...I mean the satire. Thanks for not mentioning my name and he does remind me of Scut. Which is a pretty name don't you think? you really took it to a whole new level with the pictures I must say!