HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, November 16, 2007

Mondays Are The Best!

With Erik working at church now, we have Mondays off. This is really a blessing because we can go do all sorts of family things without the weekend crowds. This Monday we visited the LA Zoo with some military friends we met in Ohio but are now stationed in LA.


The boys were excited to see lions and monkeys, but most of all elephants! We watched the elephant pace around her pen expecting the boys to be awed by this huge animal but all Jake noticed was that the elephant had a big "tractor tire" to play with. Hmm, elephant or old tire, which is mor exciting?

Overall it was a pretty fun day! Jake is teaching Danny all the best excuses for getting out of bed these days. We have: I need water, I need juice, I need a snack, I need a truck, my truck needs a trailer, and I need to potty. Last night I heard too much giggling and went in to find the lights on and both boys in the closet playing trucks. A couple days ago Jake decided Libby's bed wasn't in the right position so he turned it 180 degrees to give her a better view. While a little peeved, we were also a bit impressed that a 32-pound boy could manage that.
Libby has been a little sniffly and wanted to sneak in bed with us this morning. I think she's faking, she looks a little too happy here.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

If they really like the elephants, I think they are Aggies at heart where one day they can be an elephant.

Stacey said...

I feel like I've failed. Kristi beat me to making the first comment on this entry. *sigh*

Oh well, we all fail sometimes, I guess.

I miss you guys SOOOOOO much. why does California have to be so far away???

Allison said...

Hearing all the excuses makes me smile. I know that is what we'll be experiencing very soon. Titus will show H2 the ropes, for sure.