HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, November 9, 2007

Who Stole My Palm Tree and Why Would You Do That?

I didn't realize how bad crime is in Southern California until this week when someone stole a little palm tree out of our front yard. What is the world coming to that we are stealing plants? Is the grass next? We left the house and palm tree last Saturday at 9:00 am and returned at 11:30 am to find no tree. Broad daylight!

Prepare yourself, here is the crime scene photo. It's ugly, I know. Palm fronds everywhere. Dirt. An empty hole. I'm not sure who you contact for botanical theft but I assure you I shall find out.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

oh dear. It sounds like the plot line for the next larry boy video.

Have you tried to contact Alfred?

Linda said...

two words, that sucks!

Stacey said...

Also, I would like to add that I love the way you titled this entry. It's as if you expect one of your readers to come out of the woodwork and admit to doing it.

Mimi said...

Who is the lead CSI on the case? Have you checked for fingerprints? What about DNA? I'll be there in a few days to continue the investigation. Love, Mom

Allison said...

How odd...and completely rude. I wonder if they even bothered to wear a disguise. Did your neighbors see anything and wonder what was going on?
Exactly how long does it take to dig up a tree and remove it? We tried to remove a tree out from our yard and it was days of fighting iron clad roots. Sounds like you have some professional tree thievery going on.

Melissa said...

Bizarre!

Katie said...

very wierd. and in broad daylight no less. crazy.

Missy said...

I think Stacey did it, she flew SkyBus for $30 to steal a $300 palm tree and illegal export it across state lines for profit.

Stacey said...

funny you say that. I didn't come out to steal *your* palm tree, but I do happen to have a palm tree here with me for sale. Actually, I'll give it to you, you just have to buy me, Ashley, Hannah and Mike tickets to come out and visit you. ;)