HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthdays are Fun

We had a weekend of birthdays. Erik has most of the college students convinced that he turned 40 on Saturday, long story but several have fallen for it and congratulated him for it on Facebook. I wanted to make a cake for our little friend Joshua so Erik got his favorite, cookies 'n cream ice cream cake!
Here is the cake I made Joshua for his first birthday! It was really fun, there was a ton of food and a bounce house and all of our awesome friends.

Jake really didn't want to go eat cake but I forced him. He's never really understood the point of a bounce house before but Saturday he got it. It was torture to be separated from it long enough to sing "Happy Birthday" but he survived and then skipped eating cake to get back in the bounce house. He was really gross and drenched with sweat but even then he's a super cute kiddo.

I've been working three days a week for three weeks now and today was my last day. Nothing like trying the working world for a while to see the blessing of getting to be a stay-at-home mom. I left before the kids were up each morning and got home at 5:30, leaving only 2 and a half hours before bed. How do people do that? That still leaves chores to be done before bed but then no time for Erik.

I am absolutely excited each time I open the paycheck but ultimately is my new camera worth more than the 10 hours a day I was getting to spend with Jake, Dan and Libby? Well, it is a nice camera...but no! I am more than happy to trade more stuff for the priveledge of staying home to raise my children and be a blessing to my husband. I love being home all day playing trucks and trains and being able to have dinner ready and a clean house waiting for Erik. I know he deals with so much at work each day and I like that home is our safe haven.

Well, that was a little sappy for a post from me. I'm too tired for wit. We had a major injury today, pictures will be posted tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to get the new camera out of the box and take good pictures of our latest injury. Can you guess who was "bwooding" today? Cast your vote!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it's little Danny! stubbed toe?

Stacey said...

i'm willing to put some money down on Danny...

Unknown said...

The cake looked amazing. Maybe you should make cakes on the side.

Stacey said...

also... I love the 'tude on danny's face in the first picture.

srsly. It makes me smile every time I look at it.