HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Faceball

Our church is doing a softball league this summer and I was encouraged (forcibly coerced) into playing. I don't want to brag but I was the worst player on the team. However, in my 4 times at bat I got three hits, scored on two of those, and struck out once. I'm pretty sure they were just being nice in letting me get on base though. Here is a really marvelous picture. Notice Jake has his mother's lack of photogenic ability.
They started me out as catcher so that I could be closer to the kids. I was quickly demoted for something petty and stupid like my being unable to catch or throw, and was sent into the outfield. I found a couple people and pawned the kids off on them like a good mom though so that I could advance my career in sports. Next week Emily is playing but she doesn't know yet so keep it quiet. By the way, in our house, baseball is pronounced faceball.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I LOVE that face. too funny!