HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, October 10, 2008

Mr. Pumpkin

There were no set plans for a pumpkin this year but as I was walking into Walmart with the chilins' today there was a huge box of pretty pumpkins for $4 each. Total impulse buy. So here we are, victims of mass marketing and corporate holidays, butchering a gourd.
This is us about 2 minutes before the slaughter began, Jake is mourning and protesting the gruesome display that was about to ensue. The rest of us ignored this and carried on. I asked Jake what he thought would be in the pumpkin and he said "a baby pumpkin." I think he's getting a little confused by all the pregnant ladies in our playgroup...anyway, when I pried the top off of the thing and he peered inside he was quite upset to find no baby pumpkin. All agreed that the contents were extremely yukky.
Can you guess which child has runway aspirations?
Jake kept checking to see if maybe a baby pumpkin would appear...still waiting.
We miss you Daddy! See you on Monday!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

did I ever show you the picture of what I found in my pumpkin last year? It was sort of a baby pumpkin....

almost.

Missy said...

I'm a little nervous Stacey...

Stacey said...

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=39506628#/photo.php?pid=32012170&id=39506628

it was just a sprouted seed...

nothing moving or alive. It wasn't attack of the killer pumpkins or anything like that.