HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Declare Today to be Festivus and Shall Now Begin with the Airing of Grievances!

I have been trying to "be ahead" for once and began ordering my Christmas cards back in mid-October. I looked through an abundance of online discount card shops and settled on a design with a certain "members only" club, very exclusive I might add. I ordered. I went to pick them up only to be told they were lost in cyberspace.

I ordered again and this time paid online so as to help them not be lost in cyberspace. I went to retrieve them at the prescribed time to be told that they were late. I returned again and was thrilled to see the clerk pulling envelopes from the bin but dismayed to be told they weren't paid for. I called the bank and refuted this claim. The clerk conceded, I decided to give the pics a quick peek before leaving in victory only to find 100 of these:

See any problems? I know two children that will be telling their therapists the problem in 20 years! How does this happen? The clerk said she needed more proof that they were really paid for before she could refund Daniel's little victory and now we are at a stale mate. The bank needs 48 hours to fax the statement to this warehouse store that shall remain nameless and the nameless store needs this proof before they can give me my $24. "It's only $24!" you may so, but I say "No! It's the principle of the matter!"

Just for educational purposes, Festivus: A Holiday for the Rest of Us, is a real holiday and it is on December 23. It began in 1966 and traditionally starts with "The Airing of Grievances," which is where you tell everyone how they have been a disappointment over the year. You share a meal and then complete feats of strength. Check Wikipedia, it never lies!

3 comments:

The Berthiaume's said...

awww...missy I am sorry that totally stinks! I like the festivus reference though.

KD said...

argh. bummer. super cute card layout though! hope you get everything straightened out

Stacey said...

wikipedia NEVER lies.... somehow coming from a reynolds that just doesn´t ring true....

;)