HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, November 24, 2008

I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know....

Hi, my name is Missy and it has been 18 days since I last blogged. I'd say "we've been busy" but I guess that's a bit trite...but we have.

One of the most fun things we have done lately is visit Grandma Lou (she gave us our rabbit) and her mini-zoo. I think this one is a little under a week old. It's a rabbit, thought you city folk might like to know.
This one is about two weeks old.
On another note, when Erik returned from China last summer he informed me that we were starting a business selling handicrafts made by neat people he met. His suitcases were overflowing with chopsticks, scrolls, aprons, laquerware, etc. and said items have been occupying most of our closet for the last few months. But though I've suffered so, the point of it all is not to make up for the losses in our 401k but to provide a market for the ladies in China to sell their crafts as well as to start a fund to help impoverished families in the region send their children to school or start businesses that they might be able to bring themselves out of grinding poverty. I like my husband! :-)
On Saturday Em and I had the pleasure of selling for our little company for the first time at the church's annual Christmas Boutique. Thanks to Em for all of her hard work in attaching pricetags, decorating the booth and selling merchandise all morning. Maybe we should comp her some free chopsticks or something. I think that would totally make it up to her.

We also had the pleasure of having Erik's sister and her sweet daughter visit for a few days. We like them, alot. More pictures to come from that visit. Us ladies decided to have the awesomest dessert at the church Thanksgiving Potluck to prove that we are the best so here it is.
Yep. We're good. And on a final note, the trees are plotting against me and choreographing their leaf droppage so that their staggering forces me to regularly rake the yard to avoid being the eyesore (and continuing redneck) of the neighborhood. The tiny yard waste trash cans are not capable of handling the ridiculous quantities of leaves and I found myself needing to compress the leaves last night so I grabbed the first thing handy and threw it in.

Works pretty well. I'm thinking of telling Erik I'm starting a business and we're selling leaf squishers. Buy two, get the third free.

4 comments:

CD said...

Sold!! I will give you ten dollars for the leaf squishers. Also, you did not make those cupcakes. They were from costco, someone told me that.

Missy said...

I resent that! I did make those!

Missy said...

By the way, I accept cash and check and we are not responsible for unclaimed items left over 30 days.

CD said...

Okay, I'll give you credit then but only cause Noel H. said you did. They're just so perfect. You ought to get a patent on those bad boys and make yourself a little extra cash. You know what I'm saying??