HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Coming Home!

It has been an AMAZING trip but we are ready to be home with Dan and Libby! We left Xichang this morning and landed safely in Chengdu. Now we are waiting out our 5 hour layover in an internet cafe that boasted of drinks, snacks and free internet. So far we paid for internet, have been handed some interesting "drinks" and no snacks to be seen. Erik took the backpack and went to KFC, yes Kentucky Fried Chicken, and will smuggle in the snacks.
Can't wait to see and talk to all of you! Can't wait to have dairy again! I'm a little tired of rice porridge with peas, boiled egg and bao tze for breakfast. More details and pictures later. Love you all!

6 comments:

The Berthiaume's said...

I am can't wait to read about it!

Stacey said...

I see that Jake was quite the ladies man there in china... :D

The Heflebower's said...

We are excited to hear about you trip!!

EmilyAnn said...

I'm ready to come visit! I'm so glad you are home! I bet the reunion was so sweet! I'll be waiting patiently, ahem, on my phone call.

Mimi said...

I am glad you are back safe and sound in the US of A. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You're back safe and sound! I can't wait to hear about China and drink tea with you!