HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Public Service Announcement

Let me preface by saying, I am not a collector. I don't have a rack of spoons from random tourist destinations, there are no shelves of Precious Moments and certainly no walls of decorative plates in my house, however I have 2 Willow Tree figurines that were received as gifts.

I placed said figurines on the mantle and appreciated them because I like the people that gifted them and they appeared to be carved from wood, which is at least a little cool. And then my world came crashing down. An individual of small stature was also intrigued by the statuettes and, through some unfortunate mishap which may or may not have involved a John Deere tractor, one little angel-thing was sadly decapitated and the other lost her wings.
Even through this senseless tragedy, I could have coped. But, if your stomach can tolerate it, look closely at the neck region... Does that look like wood grain to you? I submit that it is not! It is plastic my friends! Plastic! We have been hoodwinked and should stand for it no longer. I'll be organizing a 5K to promote awareness so start training.
For integrity sake I must admit to one more "collection," which was also a gift. My dad and step-mother collect these little pixie things that all have "JAPAN" painted on the bottom. I don't really understand that part but it is really important that it say "JAPAN" on the bottom I think. Since there were 3 pixies in the set and we have 3 children I decided they must be representative and set to naming them.

Jacob (whose head is currently attached with Super Glue due to an unfortunate mishap)

Daniel (whose right arm is Super Glued and is missing his left foot due to an unfortunate mishap) Libby (current reigning champ with no Super Glue)

2 comments:

CD said...

Yikes!! It's similar to the time one of the twin dudes ripped apart our clay Jesus during Easter. It was a tough time but we pressed on. You should do that too.

shelli said...

Oh dear, is that the pixie I helped you glue back together, only resulting in getting glue stuck to my fingers for days??