HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, May 8, 2009

Lack of Motivation

I have had zero motivation to blog lately due to the seemingly endless stacks of paperwork, the intimidating schedule of "interesting" classes, the neverending honey-do list, the meetings with social workers and appointments with everyone from doctors to mechanics to the gas company (twice) so that we can be certified as suitable parents. I know, I know, "do all things without complaining!" I'm trying to just keep reminding myself that these are the labor pains and eventually we will have one or two amazing little people that we have the privelidge of raising and the honor of teaching them the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord. Thus I am humbled... :-)

Another contributing factor to the poor blog production has been our little Danny who has been very sick. In the last week, he has spent much time in the bathroom, depleted our stock of ibuprofen and acetaminophen and had his first IV. Not a good week. He's still having some symptoms and has lost several pounds. It always stinks to watch your little one suffering but now the weight loss has robbed us of his super cute little pot belly and the last little clinging reminder of babyhood. In two days that sweet little belly was gone and I missed that last little chance to enjoy it! Any other moms out there that have had these moments? They are growing way too fast and refuse to stop.

Jake is climbing fences,

my little "baby" Danny is getting bigger and soon Libby will probably be bored with dolls and will want pierced ears. Thankfully, for now, she is perfectly happy with a babydoll and nursery rhymes. Here is our little one enjoying a homemade popsicle while she inventories her most recent owies.

Tonight we tried to make the most of their fleeting childhoods by flying a kite. Sounds much easier than it actually is. It was sort of in the air for about 30 seconds at a time... The defeated flight crew decided that maybe the beach would be a more profitable location.

1 comment:

EmilyAnn said...

Aw let's fly a kite in Texas! I looove flying kites! I don't think I've done it since Kite Day! And Libby will love baby dolls well into her twenties (I know someone that still loves them at that age)...