HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Packback School

My children have difficulty with a few words, namely syrup, airport and backpack. Yeah, I don't understand either but they come out "syry-up," "airy-port" and "packback" no matter how many times we practice. They must get this from Erik because I have perfect diction.
This year we are breaking ground by moving into a charter school. This essentially means Jake goes to "packback school" one day a week but still does the majority of his learning at home. Erik and the Dan walked him into class and picked him up on his first day, apparently I couldn't be trusted to not do something embarrassing. Apparently I seem like the type that would try to *gasp* kiss him in front of the other kids or yell "Make good choices!" across the parking lot.
Of course I wanted every detail at the end of the day and all I get out of "What did you do today?" was "I don't know but it was fun and I want to go every day instead of doing work at home." Essentially what this boils down to is food from a lunchbox just tastes better and I like to color with the markers you won't le tme use on your tablecloth. He was given free time with markers to draw whatever he wanted and he did this:
Just waiting for the teacher to call! :-) So this is what school looks like at home. See! It's fun! What isn't fun about a white board and standing on a chair and phonemic blends?
And cute little desks are fun too, right?

Not to mention the bubblegum I give out at the end of the day! Beat that packback schoolteacher!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

i love parenthood. It's such a great show.

I have no comment about the actual content of this post. just that. too early in the morning.

Allison said...

We go with "packpack" around here. And we where them as much as possible. Titus is going to a little preschool at our church and he brings a lunch. Every day I ask him his favorite thing he did. Eat lunch is the answer. Maybe I should start serving meals in lunchboxes at home.