HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Flashback

We trekked to Texas for the first third of summer this year and though I've been too lazy to blog this until now, it's been in the back of my mind. Every year that we've ever (and I mean ever) taken Jacob to Texas, he has found a new and exciting reason to go to the emergency room. It started out simple enough as a newborn with an eye infection and HMOs that don't allow you to go to Urgent Cares when out of state. We had a couple other nice random illnesses in there and then in 2007 he stepped it up with a broken leg. Not to be out-done he pulled a skull fracture on us the next trip and we got to go to 3 ERs and overnight in the PICU with a couple ambulance rides in there too.

That being said, I was nervous about our trip this year. My dear father wanted to take the boys to do fun stuff at his office and I thoroughly reminded him of my reservations. I was promptly assured they would be kept out of harm's way. And then I see these pictures from that day.

Pump jacks, blow torches and air compressors. Nice, Dad, totally safe. I love the progression of Daniel in the last 3 pictures though! First thing Daniel said when he got home was "I cut steel with fire!" Love you Papa!

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh man. crazy crazy. glad no ER visits though....