HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Birthdays and Bunny Chases

I am still in shock that Jakey turned 3 already! He had a pretty normal day since the big party is this coming Sunday but he did get a really neat present from "Grandpa Sue and Uncle Brad," as he calls them. They brought a little tool set with included a picket knife and power drill that actually works, all plastic of course. He has had so much fun watching Erik work on the house and now he has his own tools.



Last night we went on our first walk around the neighborhood. We came around the corner and a fluffy white bunny was sitting in a yard at a very busy intersection. Obviously, it wasn't a desert bunny so Erik had to investigate. We met a little girl who was trying to round up the bunny, whose name is Maya, but the bunny did not want to go inside. Erik, Jake and the little girl chased to bunny all over the neighborhood for 15 minutes and finally wore her down and trapped her. What excitement for the boys, Erik included!

This is just a cute picture from a couple of nights ago. We bought The Jungle Book and sit in the play room every night to watch Mowgli. Dan decided Libby couldn't have Daddy all to herself during the movie so he crawled up too. We got up this morning and got our flu shots. We thought that if the boys watched our brave faces as we went first it would help. Nope, just made them start crying sooner since they saw what was coming. They survived though.

The house is slowly coming along but I don't know if we'll ever get it all done! Come see it anyway!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacey said...

ok. I totally didn't think that was erik at first the whole facial hair thing is a little wierd. "I'm not gonna lie." I sent jakey a card, you should hopefully get it in the next few days. I was browsing the card section and saw it and immediately said to myself, "That right there is a birthday card made for Jacob Reynolds."

I miss you guys so much. I don't think I'm going to be able to go to Mexico. And that makes me immensely sad.

Holly Rainer said...

Wow! Erik with a beard. I never thought I would see the day. A few weeks out of the military and he is a mountain man! Looks good big bro! We miss yall so much and I really love reading up on the family and seeing the pics. Thanks Missy for all your hard work!