HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

This morning, the boys and I visited a local pumpkin patch with our Mothers of Preschoolers group. Jake and Dan were amazed at the enormous pumpkins and had to touch every single one!


Farmer John read a story about the Native Americans and how they would grow hardy vegetables like gourds and Indian corn that would keep all winter. Jake really liked the Indian corn and didn't want to give it back.

Then we went on a ride. I thought Jake would cry and Danny would be happy but I was mistaken. Dan didn't scream but he was pretty nervous and Jake loved it!


Next we were off to see the animals in the petting zoo. Dan was excited to see chickens, which he believes say "a-doodle-doo," and one very large pig.


Overall we had a great morning and left with two cute little pumpkins! We are going to a fall harvest festival on October 31st and Libby will be a pumpkin (thanks Mimi and Sam) and the boys will be cowboys.

Jake will be 3 on Sunday! On the 28th we are having a party for him and some other little boys with close birthdays. It may be at our house if our furniture arrives, please pray for that! Happy Halloween!


6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm excited to see more pictures of the new house. I miss you and the boys and libby soooo much! Alas, earwax.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, the boys look so old with their short haircuts! I've been meaning to give you a call, but have been kinda holding off since you guys were busy with fixing up the house, but I'll try to give you a jingle sometime next week. Miss you all!

Stacey said...

also, Danny's hair better be curly if/when we come out to visit. Because if not I will cry and never speak to you again.

Allison said...

Sampson has shorn his locks! Nooo! I was hard pressed to think Danny was in any of the photos. I kept looking for my favorite little curls...

Stacey said...

see... Allison agrees with me.

Mimi said...

I totally agree with Stacey and Allison. I miss those cute little blonde curls! We are glad the furniture arrived - hope you are having fun putting everything up. Have you started piano lessons yet? Ha! Love you.