HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, October 5, 2007

The Daily Grind

We are settling into a strange routine these days. We get up each morning, Erik goes to work and the children and I go to the rental house. The kids and I "renovate" all morning and then come "home" to the H.'s house for naptime. Erik arrives at the rental house during lunch and works all afternoon. We get up, have a snack and head back to the house to work until bedtime.

The boys are becoming overly frustrated with us because there is a perfectly good pool in the backyard and they haven't gotten to swim in it yet. The first time we walked through the house, Jake saw the pool and said "Get naked! Let's go swim!" and started stripping off superfluous clothes and galloping with his cast to jump in. They certainly took to the water this summer!





Libby celebrated the new rental house by learning to roll over there yesterday. I explained to her that she is not allowed to become mobile until we are set up in our home and not living in someone else's house while renovating another. She is a sweet baby!


Anyway, please pray for me. I'm feeling the strain of the last two months of traveling with three under three and my nerves are unraveling. I guess I had some unrealistic expectations for how things would unfold once we got out here. It is going to be a couple more weeks before we get into our house, my friend group from when we lived here has dispersed and I am feeling a little lonely and couped up. The head pastor's wife holds a monthly Bible study for all the church staff wives and that was really refreshing to able to identify with the other ladies and have someone to unload on. I also went to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and met a few ladies. We have a playdate scheduled for Monday with a family with two boys the same ages as Jake and Dan. Erik has strep, hopefully the boys won't catch it and force us to stay home from church and the playdate! I need adult contact!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

awww... i can just here jakey's little voice exclaiming over the pool... :(

Mimi said...

Love the blog! Sorry I missed removing the wall paper with you. Sam said he would sacrifice and play a 100 holes of golf when we come to California. Miss you guys.

Shelley said...

Yea! Welcome to the blogging world! I will add you to my list of daily reads.

I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound back to the desert. Another good friend of mine is back there again, and would make a great play date for your kids...she has a 10 month old, 2 year old and 4 year old!

I look forward to seeing photos of your beautiful kids and reading about your new adventure!

Penney said...

I Love the blog! It's going to be great to be able to keep up with you guys!
We made it home safe and sound. It's back to business as usual today. Mike is in LA and I'm here working.
Miss you all. I hope Erik is feeling better.
Hugs for the little people!

kayleigh ! said...

missy!!!
oh my gosh miss you guys so much!
im with stacey after reading your blog, i can totally picture him saying that =[
anyways, can't wait to hear more!
e-mail me whenever at:
k-gurl627@sbcglobal.net