HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Math is Fun...and Useful

Jake Update! He is much better, thanks for the prayers. After 3 days the fever and swelling began to diminish and his appetite returned. I did some thorough research (i.e. WebMD) and discovered the problem was a severe reaction to his 5th and final DTaP vaccine. Apparently 1 child in 100 will have a high fever and 1 child in 100 will have a severe reaction at the injection site. For all of you non-math people, here is a little lesson:


If you want to know the rarity of having both the fever and swelling you
need to multiply the fractions. 1/100 x 1/100 = 1/10,000!


Thus we know that Jake is that 1 child in 10,000 because he had both reactions. I knew he was special!
Today we "de-Christmased" the house. Before we had moblie children I was firmly in the camp that leaves Christmas decorations up until New Year's Day. Now I decorate later and take it down sooner as I grow weary of finding Christmas ornaments in strange places. We took one last picture in front of the tree and away it went. It kinda looks like Danny is throttling his sister but we'll take what we can get at this point.

Here they are Christmas morning, opening stockings and seriously questioning their parents' sanity. (How can you be so calm when there are presents!??!) Jake is wearing his new favorite Thomas jammies that Papa brought. Libby is crying for some reason, I've already blocked it out. Dan is wearing his Christmas sweater for the 3rd day straight, having also insisted on sleeping in it.

And now, a quick recap on the favorite gifts of the year. And remember, all the gifts they received were favorites, these were just a little more favorite. But they are all favorites.

Jacob, as always, loves trains.

Dan almost passed out over his guitar. He has been serenading us ever since.

And Libby, well, Libby is a woman of simple pleasures.

3 comments:

G-Unit said...

Math is evil...your kids are so cute...I'm glad Jake is better!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts, they crack me up. I foresee wonderful guitar duets with dad in the future for Danny. Keep these pics for when he breaks the top 40 charts in 20 years. I love that he slept in his sweater.

Stacey said...

if the smaller guitar eliminates the holding the instrument from the sound hole pose I might cry next time I visit. Because that was the best part of Danny playing the guitar.