HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Smart Spending

We had some money left in our Health Savings Account and we were determined to empty before it is re-funded (that's how I have decided to spell "refund" here because I think it is more appropriate to the meaning, leave me alone English majors). In the last week Libby has been in for pneumonia, I went in for vaccines, Jake went in for vaccines and just for good measure, Jake got another trip to urgent care on Christmas Eve for this:

I love the look on his face here, I think it effectively communicates his thoughts on the matter. Here is the closeup view...
The diagnosis is: a) a bad reaction to the 3 shots he received in this arm yesterday, or b) an infection due to the 3 shots he received in this arm yesterday. Just for sympathy, he had 5 shots total! The lines mark the "affected area" to help us ascertain improvement or a fabulous all expenses paid (thank you HSA!) return trip to Urgent Care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jake! I hope he feels better today...

CD said...

That totally stinks!! Poor little dude. Brennan had a reaction like that to shots on his leg. His leg was huge for like three days. Freaked us out but it went away, thankfully.

G-Unit said...

So, that is so weird that this kind of thing would happen to you guys? Are you Irish?

Monica said...

Hi Missy.
I thought I'd see how your family was, after seeing your blog on Noelle's side bar. :-D

I'm sorry to read about Jake's reaction. Out of curiosity, did you or the Drs report it? For accurate (1/100) stats they need people to report the reactions, yet some Drs aren't reporting it, and most parents don't know they are supposed to. It's called VAERS and you can visit their site here http://vaers.hhs.gov/ if you need.
Sorry if that's nosy.

It was nice to see you at church a few weeks ago.
Hope you are all well.
~Monica