HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers' Day Fun

We had two free round-trip Metrolink tickets and have never ventured onto the train in our almost 5 years of living here so Fathers' Day seemed like a grand enough occasion to go for it. Although Jake has a deep and passionate love for trains he was extremely wary of the scheme. I think the unexpected one hour departure delay was a major contributing factor to his malcontent.

Notice in the picture what each child deemed necessary for a train ride:
*Libby - cell phone
*Danny - gun made from K'nex
*Jakey - power drill and bicycle pump.
Also notice: Danny's still rockin' the galoshes.



We rode for about an hour and unboarded in Newhall where we ate some rather interesting Mexican-ish food and celebrated our Dad. Couldn't find a "World's Greatest Dad"' or "#1 Dad" shirt for him but I think he still knows that he is loved.

Here we are, bored and waiting for the train.

Here we are really bored and waiting for the train.

In summary, trains are fun and Dad is the best! Happy Fathers' Day to you too, Papa!

4 comments:

CD said...

Malcontent?? Are you making words up again?

Missy said...

Again?!? I'll have you know I spell check every blog before I post so it may not mean what I think it means but is certainly a word!

Jen said...

Merriam Webster's Online Dictionary says:

Malcontent: a discontented person; one who bears a grudge from a sense of grievance or thwarted ambition.

(I thought it was made up when I first saw it too...oops!)

Missy said...

Snap.