HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Last of Texas

We are having some technical difficulties with computers and thus blogging has been difficult lately. It seems the geeks at the Texas factory have repaired the damage and it is in transit. Yea!

It has been a couple of weeks since we got back from Texas but I have a few pictures my Dad's that were never posted so here we go. First priority of a trip is get family pictures and this is the best we could do. What do you think?
Number one, or...


Number two? Both very professional shots to be sure. Aside from our expert photo sessions we had plenty of time to enjoy the wildlife. Jake's life calling is apparently to work as a realtor for caterpillars and rollie pollies. He's pretty good at convincing them of the need to relocate by forcible removal. Jake's new comfort with bugs is extremely convenient for me as now I can have him relocate our lovely insect intruders without having to put on the "brave Mom" facade as I force myself to not shriek and hysterically jump around as I kill them so as not to teach the children be as irrational as I am.

Here is my sweet dad with his neighbor's 3 hour-old baby goat. Libby really didn't like the babies because they are loud but she thoroughly enjoyed feeding the bigger goats every blade of grass she could find.

My dad loves to tease and he teased Jake into thinking he would get to bring a kitten home. When reality hit that no cat would set foot near our house, the devastation was severe. Thanks Dad, thanks.
In true Texas style we had a blast with all things John Deere.


2 comments:

CD said...

Is it just me, or did you post these pics twice?? Not that I mind the repetition, my memory is not what it used to be (or ever was if I'm being honest).

Missy said...

Ok, I have an explanation for why this happened but it's long and is primarily composed of whining.