HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Family Member on the Way

Okay, how many of you read that and panicked thinking we were pregnant? :-) We are getting a new pet tomorrow! His name is Zebedee and he is a mini-lop bunny, about 6 months old. A friend from church took him in from a family that raises show rabbits, however Zebedee couldn't be shown because he has an under bite. He's falls easily into the realm of "so ugly he's cute."

Jake had no interest in the rabbits but Danny was fascinated. He petted every one that was taken out of the cage and when our friend held a palm-sized bunny towards him, he kissed it! Then he told her which other bunnies needed to come out to be kissed and he proceeded to kiss each of them in turn on the nose. Erik, of course, was interested in getting a mating pair of meat rabbits to supply us with meat. I'm a little less than optimistic on that endeavor.

The boys have done so many cute things this week I don't know where to begin. Erik taught them to pound their chests like gorillas so Dan walks around beating his chest while shouting "gah-rilla!"

I'm sure you all know that Erik has a beard now. When Jake was Dan's age I taught him the words for many of his body parts. He was really excited to show you his "chinny chin chin." Well Danny apparently feels he has no chin and instead has a beard like Daddy. If you ask him where his chin is, he rubs his chin between his thumb and index finger like men with beards do and says "beard." He has high aspirations!

Poor Miss Libby had vaccines this week, 5 shots and one oral. Now she has a goopy eye and just isn't feeling well. Her brothers have no sympathy. Jakey is just excited that he discovered he can jump over things...and people. If you lay in the floor or fall and are crying and happen to be in the floor because you can't crawl or walk yet, too bad. You are an obstacle course that must be conquered. He runs and jumps over his obstacle and lands with a resounding thud and much laughter. I love little boys, however I think they will have to grow on Libby. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm excited to get my christmas present in the mail! I am a christmas slacker and haven't gotten you guys a present this year. Of course I haven't gotten anyone a present yet. Just Erin and Marissa. I really need to get on that. *sigh*

Allison said...

I love reading your stories, because I see them as foretelling my near future of life with two little boys. Not having grown up with brothers, little boy stuff is relatively new to me (of course, I did nanny in college, so that helps). Peeing in the snow, jumping over babies, growing beards, all stuff I get to look forward to! BTW, I hope the boys don't take the initiative in teaching Libby about body parts. She might start growing a "beard" as well! :)

Katie said...

must say, your title was a bit shocking. but that's cool that you guys are getting a bunny. that is so cute that danny had to kiss all of them. i love the beard story! that's hilarious. miss you guys! Hope you have a good week leading up to a Merry Christmas!