HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, December 17, 2007

Our Christmas Bunny

Well here he is! We got up early and had a busy morning shopping for Zebedee, then headed over to our friends' home to pick him up. The boys were very excited but I don't think Zebedee shared the sentiment, that could be because he was in an ice cream Drumstick box but who knows.The boys diligently assembled Zebedee's hutch once we got home while the bunny was "secured" in his ice cream box with the assistance of a toaster stacked on top. I know this is where my parents would pipe in with the story about the time I "secured" my hamster in the cage for the night with a large stack of books piled high in the air. In the night, the hamster knocked the books down and my parents thought someone was trying to break into the house. My dad jumped out of bed and proceeded to patrol the yard with a gun. Once they discovered the perpetrator to be a hamster I was sternly warned to never stack books on the cage again.We let the little guy hop around the play room for a while and fed him apples and celery to bribe him into loving us. Jake even offered him trucks while Danny just chased him. Jake thanked God for Zebedee during his dinner pray along with fire trucks, cars, semi-trucks, tractors, tow trucks and trucks. I don't think any sort of produce will ever spoil in our house again with the bunny around. We've been trying different types of fruit and I hit the little boy jackpot with tangerines (tangeens in Danny speak). They strangely keep disappearing and I find little pieces of peel all over the house along with sticky little fingerprints on the walls. Mysterious clues indeed!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to see the Reynold's family growing and Missy not being sick for weeks. I'm glad you are able to have a pet for the boys and Libby. I'm sure they will all have a great time "playing" with Zebadee.

Stacey said...

I love jakey and his widdle prayers! Lite 99.9 gives away two round trip air tran tickets every week or so, and I could totally come visit you if I gave my life up and sat in front of the radio all day. and was the seventh caller.

Missy said...

At least you would have given your life for a worthy cause right? I put your present in the mail today...

Katie said...

wow! that's a fancy bunny hutch!lol. how's day 2 with the bunny?

Allison said...

Wow, I must echo Katie and say that that is a pimped out bunny house. I love that Jake prayed not just for trucks, but actually specified different kinds of trucks, just to be sure.
I really do feel like I'm reading my future when I read your blog stories about your boys. I relate the stories to Jess and we get a chuckle over what is to come with Titus and H2.