HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Monday, March 31, 2008

Chocolate Pudding

With Erik gone things are changing! I have long talked of painting the hall bathroom, which includes an interesting blue bathtub and sink. Since Emily is the one with the decorator sense she was the lead consultant in color choice. We settled on a nice brown, it looked like we were spreading chocolate pudding on the walls. It was very tempting to taste it but we resisted. Here are my minions at work.

We painted while the kids were down for a nap. Jake got up and exclaimed "Mom! You turned my bathroom brown! That's silly! You put brown on my wall!" He did finally agree with me that it looks nice though. The real question is, what will Erik think?

We have missed him quite a bit. About every 10 minutes Jake asks "Where is Daddy?" and Dan says "He's in Mex-co." We have stayed pretty busy though and I think we have exhausted Emily between church, a kickball game, shopping at the mall, buying paint at the hardware store, visiting friends and painting all in two days. We might not see her for a while after this trip out...

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a strange number and it turns out it was the missionary in Mexico that Erik went out to serve with. He asks me "Do you know where Erik is?" Strange question! Isn't he with you? Is he missing? Why would I know? Erik's supposed to be with you in Mexico and you're calling to ask me if I've heard from him? In the 3 seconds it took him to finally speak up and say "just kidding" my mind is a 1,000 miles down that road. Ha ha, really funny. He then put Erik on and it was really nice to talk to him, even if I was on speaker phone for a roomful of people. The team has been doing plumbing work on the new church building and Erik gave a sermon in Spanish (wish we had that on tape). Anyway, we love him, we miss him and in honor of that here is one of my favorite "Daddy" pictures...

3 comments:

Katie said...

such a cute picture!!!

Stacey said...

I'm glad to see that Erik is still exerting his manhood by growing a "I'm not in the military any more" beard.

I do love the chocolate pudding on the wall... I hope to paint my room soon so you might be getting some lovely pictures of me with paint all over myself.

267 days!

Erik said...

It looks great but to tell you the truth, I don't care what color the bathroom is, I just want to see you!