HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

Have you ever experienced one of those conversations where you think the two of you agreed on one thing and later found ot they thought you decided something else? A sweet lady in the church offered to share her years of cake decorating experience with my friends and me by helping us each begin a cake. I had spoken with her of my desire to learn to do wedding cakes and how to use rolled fondant. I thought we decided to tackle rolled fondant in this lesson and do tiered cakes another day, she understood we would be doing both. I diligently baked my 8 inch round cakes, levelled, layered and iced them and was ready for fondant lesson. Imagine my surprise when she arrives with two 12 inch cakes to layer beneath my 8 inch cakes! And thus,

we will have enough cake to put an entire school into a diabetic coma, rather less the 9 toddlers that were invited to Danny's birthday party this weekend. I am a little overwhelmed at the prospect of decorating this monster at the moment. I suppose it is a good thing 20 college students show up at our house every Saturday night. The price of entry this week will be eating you weight in cake.

On a more joyful note, here is our sweet Libby cruising around the house. The boys are having a bit of trouble with her adjustment from babyhood to toddlerhood. Jake has informed me several times that the baby is too little to eat whatever treat I have handed her and he should have it instead. Danny will come tell us, "Baby Libby is walking!" in case we didn't notice.
Erik will be out of town for the rest of the week while he attends The Shepherd's Conference hosted by John MacArthur. I think it will be a refreshing time for him to learn more about pastoring. He will be greatly missed at home.


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Well if that dream I had is anywhere near reality (which i know it's not) you'll have no problem getting rid of all that cake. I think you guys are secretly building up a college group army to take over canada... all 20 billion of them....