HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Saturday and the Man Chair

Since college group is on Saturday nights, we attended Easter service tonight. It felt pretty odd to be at Eater service on a Saturday but we dressed up none the less. We were the only ones dressed up but maybe it will catch on next year. Emily and I snapped these pictures before we headed out the door, Erik and I each like different pictures.

A friend had a really fun dinner and Easter egg hunt on Wednesday night. Jacob experienced an egg hunt last year but really didn't get the whole experience because we had to leave due to some discipline issues. I put cookies in plastic eggs while the boys were down for naps so they didn't realize there was anything inside of the eggs. Thus, the reaction...

Later we had to sit back and check out the loot.

Erik has often expressed the desire for a Man Chair. Well, he finally has one. Luckily, Emmy is here to help us rearrange the house. Erik says it feels like a throne, I hope it doesn't go to his head. He let Emily sit in it for a few moments and I haven't been given the honor yet. I may have to sneak in while he is at work or in the middle of the night.
I think Daniel was psychologically scarred tonight. We stopped for a burger after church, had to take advantage of not having 30 people at our house after church. We love it but it's nice to have a night off. Anyway, there was a long line for the In 'N Out drive thru so we decided Erik would go inside. As soon as we park Jake jumped out of his car seat wanting to go in and help Daddy. Dan, of course, wants to go too but that just wouldn't be too helpful. So Jake goes with Daddy and Danny is left with the women folk in the van. No Oscar-winning performance can compare with the shear heartbreak expressed in Toyota Sienna tonight. Jacob was quite taken by the whole drama, as they walked into the restaurant he told Erik "Danny is crying because he lost his Jakey and his Daddy." Then he told Erik that all the people in the restaurant were drinking chocolate juice, apparently that's what soda looks like to a 3 year-old.
As summer approaches I wanted to buy some sandals for Jake. We have looked at several stores and in each one he has felt the need to tell me that he doesn't need new shoes, his old ones are just fine. We finally found some that would work and he refused to try them on and again told us that he doesn't need new shoes. Erik decided to intervene and show Jake that the soles of his shoes are coming apart. By the way, he keeps looking at the soles of his shoes thinking some one's name should be written there like it is on all the toys in "Toy Story." I think we could write ANDY on the bottom of all of his shoes and he would be thrilled. But I digress, so Jake looks at the places where his shoes are coming apart and tells us that his shoes are melting. I repeated "Your shoes are melting?" and he said "Yes, because Jakey was running so fast."

3 comments:

Stacey said...

give Jakey an extra big hug tomorrow for me, because even through a weeks worth of tears he can make me smile.

Happy Easter!

I love Libby Lou's dress, and I like the picture where you can see her face. I don't know who's side that leaves me on, but both are beautiful pictures.

Missy said...

Oh Stacy, I am sorry! But at least you have good taste in pictures and picked the one I like!

Stacey said...

:D somehow I figured that I picked your's...

a mere 2.5 hours and my presence will once again grace facebook.

there was an article on CNN about kids like me giving up facebook. I giggled.