HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT

Friday, March 7, 2008

Circle Time

We have banded together with a few friends to start a sort of cottage preschool for our children. We meet one morning a week to play, sing songs, do crafts and learn a little lesson. We start off with "circle time," where we sit "criss cross applesauce" on the floor and pray, sing and read a book. Last night I caught Jake having "circle time" with his Hot Wheels on the dinner table. Another funny Jacob tidbit: we were working in the barckyard and I filled the trashcan with assorted dead plants. It was so full the lid wouldn't close completely. Jake turned to the trashcan and scolded "Swallow your dinner Trashcan! Close your mouth!"

Danny was having a horrible morning on Wednesday with the transition of Erik leaving. He fussed and whined and ignored instructions all morning and no one was happy. I made the mistake of attempting a Walmart visit. Dumb. After repeated show downs throughout the store we finally got back to the relative safety of the van. I placed him in the van and told him to get in his chair but he decided to show me who was boss. He took a swan dive out of the van and landed on the asphalt on his face. So there I am, trying to get Libby and the groceries out of the cart and get Jake in the van and Danny's laying on the ground weeping and gnashing his teeth and bleeding. Public judgement is flying at me from all directions by all onlookers. Wonderful day! Thankfully he has left the dark side and is again my sweet, sweet boy. Two years old tomorrow! Tonight he had his first experience with a brain freeze. He placed a large quantity of ice cream in his mouth then started crying and holding his head. After it passed, he threw the spoon down and pouted "All done ice cream!"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I hate icecream headaches! I get them every time I go to tropical smoothie cafe...

I told Andy that Mike, Ashley, Hannah and I were going to attempt a cross country trek next winter. He laughed and asked me If I could videotape the trip in the car. full out head back ending with a sigh and shaking his head laugh.

I can't imagine why he would find that so funny.... ;)